| This update is mainly a general improvement
of the cockpit & systems. It is an FSDS3 made model.
- Extra pedestal night lighting for VC
- 'Grabable' controls in VC
- Simulated engine 'Top Temp' limiter (from
VC pedestal only)
- More realistic engine temperature performance
- Much improved Thrust Index gauges (100% for
takeoff gives a proper rated thrust)
- VC views panel included for co-pilot position
- 'G force' flexing wings
- Wing views + On/Off toggle
- Fixed minor bug where APU switch was sticking.
- More accurate air system & pressurization,
including Safety Value & Ram Air switches
- ILS backcourse now operational
- More realistic stall warn with stick push
if not rectified
- 2D panel lights & VC roof lights now
- Proper generator switch action
- HSI - To/From indicator added
- Attitude Indicator - proper CDI + VOR/LOC
- Authentic sounds for stick shaker, stick
pusher, overspeed, takeoff config warning, engine
- Also extra beeps & horns for Altitude
alert & Cabin Height
- To avoid clutter, Toggle icons are now all
on their own popup window
- ADF tuning knobs move the correct numbers
(as per the real radio unit)
- AP disengage light works
- Working engine fire test, stall test &
overspeed test switches
- 26 deg flap drag reduced slightly, can now
use technique given in American Airlines 1-11
400 manual. 26 deg & 45 deg selected before
intercepting glide slope.
- Drift degrees added to info on 'Check List'
- Engines respond quicker in higher RPM range,
idle to full time more realistic
- Gear warning settings corrected
|Extra pedestal night lighting for VC. The
overhead panel has been made slightly easier to read at
that the red/pink cockpit lights are on by default, so
you have to turn them off (left side overhead panel) to
get the lighting conditions shown above.
|All icon toggle switches are
now held on a popup window of their own. This popup is
toggled on/off by a single icon at the top of the main
panel marked ' i '
A new system that has been simulated
is engine top temp.
Switching this system on will keep engine temperatures
within limits, making it impossible to overheat them.
It does this by automatically restricting fuel flow
when engine temperature reaches a certain level.
Operation in FS is simplified, but it does work very
effectively where it is needed most - during the takeoff
|Wing views are back in the
VC model plus a new toggle switch to remove them off if
you suspect they are eating any frame rate.
These wings will now flex slightly due to 'G' force &
The panel now makes use of Doug Dawson's widely
used method of adding sound effects to XML gauges.
Extra sounds added are:-
Takeoff config warning (if flaps & tail trim not acceptable
V1 & Rotate co-pilot calls
Altitude alert beep
Cabin Height warning (if cabin height is over 10,000ft.
ie. not pressurized. Close 'Safety Valve' before takeoff
to avoid this)
Engine fire test switches
Stall warning test switches
Overspeed warning test switch
All of these sounds are non-standard FS sounds & are
actually included with the panel download.
If for any reason you don't like the extra sounds, they
can be removed by deleting this line in the panel.cfg
2,2,5,5,.\Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\BAC 1-11 Panel VC\DM_1-11_sound.ini
In addition, the normal FS sounds for Stall warning (stick
shaker) & overspeed have been upgraded to use authentic
These two sounds are standard in FS & so are included
in the Sounds download.