This update is a general improvement of the VC cockpit
& systems. This is still an FSDS2 made model.
- Full VC night lighting
- Look of VC overhead switches improved (from
the left seat anyway)
- NAV/GPS toggle switch added
- Simulated engine 'Top Temp' limiter &
Engine relight switches added
- More realistic engine temperature performance
- EGT gauges changed to match T2/3 (think the
old ones were T1)
- More accurate Thrust Index gauges
- VC views panel for co-pilot position
- Stall warn with stick push if not rectified
- 2D panel lights & VC roof lights now
- Authentic sounds for stick shaker, stick
pusher, overspeed, takeoff config warning, engine
- To avoid clutter, Toggle icons are now all
on their own popup window
- ADF tuning knobs move the correct numbers
(as per the real radio unit)
- Smoother engine ignition
- Engines respond quicker in higher RPM range,
idle to full time more realistic
- Engine RPM shown in RPM gauges tooltip (was
only showing % before)
- Water injection added
- APU now operational
|The main upgrade is the night lighting for
that the red/pink cockpit lights are on by default, so
you have to turn them off (three knobs top of overhead
panel) to get the lighting conditions shown.
|All icon toggle switches are
now held on a popup window of their own. This popup is
toggled on/off by a single icon at the top of the main
panel marked ' i '
A new system that has been simulated
is engine top temp.
Switching this system on will keep engine temperatures
within limits, making it impossible to overheat them.
It does this by automatically restricting fuel flow
when engine temperature reaches a certain level.
Operation in FS is simplified, but it does work very
effectively where it is needed most - during the takeoff
The engine relight switches are now active as well.
The panel now makes use of Doug Dawson's widely
used method of adding sound effects to XML gauges.
Extra sounds added are:-
Takeoff config warning (if flaps & tail trim not acceptable
'V1' & 'Rotate' co-pilot (P2) calls for takeoff (only
if Speed Reference has been clicked)
'Radio 500', 'Autoland 12ft' & 'Decide' co-pilot (P2)
& engineer (P3) calls during landing (only if Speed
Reference has been clicked)
All of these sounds are non-standard FS sounds & are
actually included with the panel download.
If for any reason you don't like the extra sounds, they
can be removed by deleting this line in the panel.cfg
2,2,5,5,.\Aircraft\DMFS Shared Files\HS121 Trident Panel
In addition, the normal FS sounds for Stall warning (stick
shaker) & overspeed have been upgraded to use authentic
These two sounds are standard in FS & so are included
in the Sounds download.